Bell Schedule and Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
2022-2023 Arrival and Dismissal Routines/Bell Schedule
Click Here to View our Bell Schedule
- Screenings for students/staff are now passive. Families are expected to review the screening questions daily and report a “Yes,” to any of the screening questions to our front office. Please do not send your child to school if they have one of the symptoms listed on the screener. If your child has tested positive for COVID-19, you need to notify us immediately so we can walk your family through the next steps.
*Student Arrival begins at 8:10 am. Students may not be dropped off prior to 8:10 am unless they are getting breakfast. Students who get breakfast from the cafeteria can arrive at 8 am and after eating they report to the playground.
- All students will enter campus from the double doors or the Felton Gate. A staff member will be present at each location.
- Students who get breakfast from the cafeteria can arrive at 8 am. All other students will be allowed to enter campus at 8:10 am.
- When students enter they need to report directly to the playground (unless getting breakfast from the cafeteria). We will rotate play areas monthly. Click HERE to view the current play areas.
- To keep the flow of traffic moving in the parking lot we ask that guardians pull all the way forward in front of the school (where the outlet is in front of the kindergarten gate) when they drop off their child. Do not stop in front of the flagpole to drop off your child as this will back up traffic. Vehicles can never be parked and left unattended in the drop-off line. You can only park and leave your vehicle when parked in an actual parking spot.
- We encourage families to walk to campus if they can to reduce the amount of traffic coming in and out of the parking lot. Students are also allowed to walk to campus independently if appropriate for their age. Bikes and scooters are allowed and must be left in the designated areas/bike racks. Only students are allowed to enter campus at both entrances. We will have plenty of support staff on campus to help supervise students on the playground.
- Doors will close at 8:20 am and students arriving after this time will need to enter campus through the office. This is considered tardy, so please be sure your child arrives on time.
- Kindergarten has its own arrival and dismissal procedures that will be communicated directly with those families.
- Students will be escorted by their teacher to the front of the school to the designated pick-up area by grade level. (Click here for a map.) If a child is in 1st or 2nd grade and has an older sibling, the older sibling can meet the younger child to be picked up in that area. You cannot park and leave your car in the dismissal line since this backs up traffic. Please only park in designated parking spots.
- The Felton Gate will also be open and students can leave campus through there, but it will close at 2:50 pm (Wednesdays at 1:45 pm). Dismissal is at 2:40 pm every day except Wednesday, which is 1:35 pm. Please pick up your child on time and within 10 minutes of dismissal. We do not have staff to supervise children after school and we will call guardians to pick them up immediately if not picked up on time.
- Dogs are not allowed on campus at any time.
- Volunteers are allowed on campus for a variety of programs including: LiveWell, Hands on Art, Watch DOGS, Run Club, copies, and classroom volunteering (when pre-arranged with the teacher).
- PTA board members are allowed on campus for PTA-related business.
- Please make sure you have submitted your TB test and volunteer packet to the front office.