Welcome to the Dual Language Immersion Program at Washington Elementary School! This program provides a choice for parents who want their children to become fluent in two languages while developing academic skills in the core subjects.
- To develop language proficiency in English and Spanish for native English speakers and Spanish speakers
- To ensure academic excellence by increasing scholastic achievement in two languages as outlined in the School District's core curriculum
- To cultivate understanding and appreciation of other cultures and to strengthen positive attitudes among students and California's diverse communities
- To foster the development of leadership and self-confidence
- To develop a sense of respect and responsibility for ourselves, our school, our community, our country, and our world
- To empower parents to become active participants in their children's education